Build web site

Build an own community web-site. A samurai path. A tutorial on Drupal

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Start a web-site

A week ago the hoster of my www.symbianexample.com had a huge hardware crash. They managed to restore everything, but several MySQL databases. Unfortunately (or should I say fortunately?) symbianexample database was lost and several articles already published there are lost. I was lucky to have local copies on my PC.

However, as a matter of fact, I was already disappointed with the Mambo platform (nowadays called Joomla) I was running the site on. I didn't allow for all the features I needed, and it was unbeleivaly difficult to get a free template, that I would like. I am not a designer myself and prefer modifying the existing templates, rather than creating one from scratch.

So I decided to build a new version of the site on another platform.

Technorati tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home